CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Showing posts with label bebe g. Show all posts
Showing posts with label bebe g. Show all posts

Friday, May 7, 2010

Any Day Now

Dear Bebe G,

Your family is ready to meet you. Please come any day now so that I do not have to be induced in 11 days or end up with a RCS. Don't worry if you're holding out because we don't have a specific name for you yet. We have 3 to pick from (sorry readers no hints) so you will not be nameless forever. :) I do think we'll still call you Bebe G on occassions though, because we've been calling you that for almost 20 weeks now.

Sincerely,

Your loving and not so patient mommy

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

14 Days

That's the amount of days possibly left in this pregnancy. How did that happen? Where did the time go? I have to say this has been the fastest pregnancy I've had as I can't believe it's almost over. For most people the end seems to drag by but for me it was the beginning, when I was so sick. I didn't think the morning sickness was ever going to go away.  Thankfully it did but not until about 20 weeks.

I went for my 38 week check up yesterday and all is well. My blood pressure is holding steady at a normal rate, bebe g's heartbeat was in the 140's and I was actually dilated to 1 cm. While that's not a lot I am happy to know the contractions I've been having off and on all weekend were doing something. They have continued but aren't getting any closer together or stronger, so let's just hope it's my body preparing for labor.

I feel like bebe g will make her arrival this week before Mother's Day, not sure why but just a gut feeling. It wouldn't be so bad, since I am full term now and overall ready as I'll be.  I need to run to the store and get some bottles, pacifiers and such, which I hope to do today, but other than that I think we're set for the arrival. I also want to get the girls something from their baby sister but haven't even begun to think what yet.  Guess I can add that to my to do list.

I go back to the doctor Monday for the 39 week check up, if I make it. Send some P&PT my way please!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Catch Up

Wow it's been a while since I last blogged, I wanted to earlier this week but was unable to due to no internet. So I'll do a quick catch up, though I can't promise it'll actually be quick as it's been a busy week.

I had my 37 week check up last Monday, my blood pressure good, bebe g's heartbeat was good, but alas there has been no change since my last appointment. I was really hoping for "something" to have changed to feel like my body is working towards its goal.  I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow, fingers crossed for some good news. I have been having some contractions off and on this week and over the weekend.  I don't feel labor is really right away the corner but you never know.  My mom even called this morning to tell me she had a dream that I had the baby. 

Earlier this week a few friends threw me a surprise baby shower, I was very surprised. I had a really bad day earlier so it was a much needed break and just the cheering up I needed.  Got some great baby gifts and can't wait to use them all. :) We're doing bebe g's "corner" of the room in pinks & browns, and some of the gifts match perfectly.  I love my friends. :)

Tuesday we were supposed to get our cable done and internet/phone changed over as well.  That turned into a disaster, and I'll just say that after 3 days with nothing, it was all finally fixed around 6 pm no Thursday evening.  Not a fun week to say the least, I had quite a bit of stuff I needed to do but was unable to and now I am behind and trying to get caught up.

Onward to the weekend, Friday night was Huntsville's Relay For Life event in which HMMT has participated in for the last three years.  This year we were joined by some members of another local moms group and we all had a great time. The last two years has been rained out midway through or canceled and postponed due to severe weather, however this year the weather was perfect! We all had a blast, and our t-shirts even won 2nd place in the competition and we have a little trophy to show off. :) We're still a little short of our goal, so if you have it in your heart to make a small donation, we would appreciate it.  Just click the Relay for Life button to the right and it'll take you to the donation page.

The rest of the weekend has been recovering, watching for weather and playing catch up, hence the title. Hope everyone has a great week!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

36 Weeks Down, 4 Or less To Go

It's official, I am on the final countdown until Bebe G arrives! Next week at this time I'll be considered full term and it's A-OK with me for her to arrive anytime after that.  I had my 36 week check up yesterday, you know the fun stuff. Sitting in the paper "cover" for 20 minutes are so waiting for the doctor, having the baby push its feet so far up in my ribs I can't breathe, having the GBS test done, and the ever so fun dilation check.

I'll stop there and just give you the basics lol.  My blood pressure was good, 122/88, bebe g's heartbeat was 150 range, they did a quick ultrasound to determine if she was head down and she was, WOOT! Then I was hoping for a slight dilation...but nope.  I guess those contractions I had last Monday were just the body prepping for the real thing.  I am a little dehydrated, so I've been instructed to drink water, lots and lots of water.  So I am trying to do better, I keep a cup of  water with me at all times, but I still don't think I am drinking enough, which is obvious.

We are making progress on the to do list, we bought a new mattress set this past weekend. Our old one will move to J's room, J's to H's room and the mattress for the toddler bed back to the crib for Bebe G. Works well for everyone, and we REALLY needed a new bed.  The one we have is a firm and it's just not right for us, we need plush, so that's what we are getting, can't wait!

So now taking bets on when Bebe G will be born :) Check it out: http://www.expectnet.com/games/BebeG 

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bebe G Update

I went to my 34 week checkup on Monday (yes today is Wednesday- I realize that) and overall everything is fine with Bebe G and I. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, 144/88, but I think it was due to the egg disaster we (the playgroup) was facing, thankfully that's resolved now! I saw the NP, but she again didn't seem overly concerned, I guess mostly because my bp has been under control through out this pregnancy. The NP had a little trouble getting Bebe G's heartbeat because she moved every time she found it lol. That's my stubborn girl.

This appointment was also the "decision time" appointment and even walking in the door I still had no clue what I had planned to do.  If you haven't been keeping up, I needed to decide between having a RCS (repeat c-section) or VBAC. I have never been so indecisive in my life, well OK except in naming my kids, especially Bebe G since we still haven't finalized that yet. I told the NP I wanted to talk to the doctor before deciding and signing off on the paper.

There are so many reasons (some personal and some medical) to choose either choice, but I felt I just did not know what to do. My heart was saying one thing my brain another, hubby one thing and me idling on the fence...but thankfully he is supportive either way. I've read and read online about the "best" choice, but it really does boil down to a personal choice. Each one has it's pros and cons and I spoke with several friends who have gone through this choice and know their stories now more in depth.  I believe their stories, talking with dh again and reading other stories online helped me make a decision along with talking to my doctor.

I've pretty much decided to "try" for a VBAC providing my body goes into labor on it's own.  Meaning I do not and will not be induced unless there is a medical reason to do so (as it has been in the past for me) and my doctor is on board.  If I go into labor, and my body does not progress within a reasonable time frame, then I will have a RCS rather than an induction.  If I do not go into labor or have signs of going into labor near my due date, I will likely go ahead with the RCS as well.  I would much rather have a planned RCS than an emergency one due to my own experiences and from what I read online and from people I know.

I know for sure that I do not want to labor for 20 plus hours only to end up with an emergency c-section like last time. I was exhausted, had no clue really what was going on and it took me awhile to recover both mentally and physically.  So as of right now this is my plan, to wait and see how my body does and my doctor agrees with me.  I have time, 6 weeks before my estimated due date, so only time will tell.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Progress Update

This week & weekend has been prep work time for Bebe G.  We've done quite a bit and still have more to do but I feel we're moving in the right direction. Guess that nesting instinct is starting to kick in lol.

Accomplished 
*Bedroom rearranged
*Car Seat purchased
*Stroller purchased
*Swing purchased
*Basinet found/washed

To Do 
*Put crib together
*Put changing table together
*Buy dresser
*Buy baby essentials (diapers, wipes etc)
*Buy new bedding set
*Pre-register at hospital
*Pack bag
*Decision on Vbac or RCS
*Finalize name list and/or pick one

There is more to add to the lists but I can't locate my "to do list" sheet right now hehe!

We went shopping this weekend at BRU since I had a coupon for $20 off a car seat and $20 off a stroller, and we did end up buying there, since the coupons expired yesterday. We choose a neutral color stroller (light tan) but it's girly with some pink and flowers without being over the top! I looked at the crib sets they had, soo many to choose from and soo many cute ones! I think I've pretty much decided to go with a pink/brown theme, and thankfully there is a lot of those to choose from too.  The downside, stomaching the prices! Holy cow they are expensive. I do have a 20% off one item coupon, so I may still buy from there. I've been looking on Amazon and Ebay too.

The girls are getting more excited about it getting closer to time for Bebe G's arrival, and so am I. I am trying to really enjoy this part of the pregnancy, though  I am having a hard time with aches and pains.  However I tell myself this is likely the last time I'll ever be pregnant so even tough it's been rough,  I need to stop and smell the roses. I really enjoying feeling her move around quite a bit these days, she's quite active in the mornings when it is time to get up and at bedtime.  This has to be my favorite part of the pregnancy!

On to week 33!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

32 Weeks Down...8 To Go

Time is trucking along, or so it seems when I think I only have 8 weeks or less to go.  Then when I think of all the millions of things I need to do before Bebe G's arrival, well then it seems like we are speed walking to the end. 

I went in for my 32 week check up, all is well.  Blood pressure was in the "normal" range and her heartbeat was good.  Though she was moving quite a bit, every time the dr found it, she'd move again lol. I asked her about my swelling left ankle and feeling of it 'falling asleep' but not really. It just has been getting numb off and on and only that leg. She said it could be the baby just sitting on a nerve just right and to keep an eye on it and my salt intake and let her know if it continues.  Glad to know it didn't sound like I should be overly concerned as of yet. 

She asked if I still wanted to try for a VBAC...which at the moment my mind is on yes. However there are doubts in my head about it.  I labored with J for about 16 hours but had her vaginally, but I never got past 4 cm on my own, they had to induce. H was an emergency induction, labored hard for close to 20 hours and ended up with an emergency c-section since I didn't progress past about 4 cm.  So now I have to choose which route to go.  I've been reading up on VBAC's vs a repeat c-section...and am so torn.  I know some ladies who have had VBAC's and it's gone great and I know others who have tried (and had previous c/s) and ended up with a c-section anyways. I just don't want to go thru another long and tiresome labor to only end up with a c-section, which could very well happen.

There are pros and cons to both...but I feel so lost and torn.  

More decisions to be made....

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

30 Week Bebe' G Update

I went to my 30 week check up this past Monday and am still having a hard time believing that I am this far along already.  Shouldn't it be like week 15 or something? I can't wrap my head around the fact I only have 10 weeks to go, or less! I would be OK with a little less lol like 7 or 8 but we'll see. I want bebe g to be fully cooked and ready.

So on to the update, weight wise, I am still doing good. I gained 3.5 lbs in 2 weeks.  Hmmm, all those late night cereal snacks are catching up to me. I am still under my beginning weight now by 1.5 lbs, if you've been keeping up. I've gained back 15.5 of the 17 I lost, if that helps. My blood pressure was slightly up, 144/77, however the nurse nor the NP said anything.  I was kinda of surprised, since last time it was up the dr thought I may need to up my dosage of BP pills. I have been waiting on the phone call lol but so far nothing. It was a quick appointment, I think it took me longer to drive there than it did for the appointment. Not that I am complaining, since I really haven't been having any issues, I expect short and sweet for the most part. 

We're slowing making progress on the to do list for bebe g's arrival. The room is almost set up to get the crib put in and the changing table as well.  We still need to put them together, but not doing so until we get the room set. I need to buy a car seat, asap in case bebe g does make an early arrival. My list keeps growing of things to do but I am just not going to stress myself, what gets done gets done. I just want the major stuff done so I can relax a bit. 

I return to the dr in 2 weeks and I need to hurry up and decide if I am going to do the 3d/4d ultrasound or not. Decisions, decisions.

Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Free......Free Falling!!!

Well OK not quite that free, but I am free of work! My last day was this past Thursday.  Bittersweet. I had a plan, to go in and talk to my director and try to work through to Spring Break if possible and if they had someone before then, it was OK by me.  They understood, and I think they knew it was coming sooner than I had originally expected.  She wanted to make a few phone calls and see if they could find someone so I would know when to expect my last day to be.  By the end of the day, they had found someone and could start next week.  I was already scheduled off on Tues, due to my rhogam shot that morning but was due to work Thurs.  However, I no longer have to! She said I could work if I wanted to until Spring Break but it was totally up to me.  I decided to take advantage of the 13 weeks I have left and have some me time while H is in school on Tues/Thurs.

So while I'll miss the gals I worked with, the craziness, fun and often hectic times, I know this is for the best.  For me and Bebe'  G. On the plus side I have more time for some playdates and personal things before she arrives and that will be nice.