Wednesday, September 8, 2010


Life, well just sucks sometimes. I've not blogged in awhile, not really had anything good to blog about and this post is probably a bit too depressing for most, so sorry in advance.

There has been a lot of crap going on in my life lately, both personal and non personal and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. This past weekend was supposed to be a good weekend, a get away from the stress of life and other stuff.  The weekend itself was fine, got to spend time with my family which was nice, but of course just about anything that could go wrong went wrong. Where to start....I guess the tire situation. I was driving down 65 in Birmingham and drove over something metal and very hard. I messed up my rim and tire pressure monitor system.  The rim alone is going to cost about $600, then labor.  The diagnostic for the sensor is $100 not counting labor and replacement if needed.  I am very worried about finding out the price of that.  Of course there are no Suzuki dealers around here anymore, so we have to choose another and  let them order the rim. This snafu caused a normal 6 to 7 hour drive to turn into a 13 hour miserable drive for us all.

While on the way to GA, I was going slower than the speed limit due to the donut tire on the car and had this idiot literally try to kill us.  He was tailgating like crazy, so I just kept slowing down so he would pass. Oh he finally passes and then flips us off and then swerves his truck over and tried to hit us. Yep that would really get him down the road SO much faster. Yeah where is the State Trooper when you need them? The drive back took about 10 hours, since K was in such a great mood (note the sarcasm) and was crying almost the entire way back.

So another issue in my life, my right hearing aid started acting up about a week ago.  Just randomly started going off and then it would turn back on. I thought it was just a random thing, but no, over the weekend it kept getting worse. Finally it just went out completely. It turns on when you close the battery case, but it just keeps cycling through the start over and over again.  So now I am down to one, I can barely hear, I don't want to be around anyone either. So called to get my hearing checked and h/a checked on, they told me they couldn't see me for almost 2.5 weeks. That's not going to work for me, I need the h/a to function daily. So then I called my ENT, got an appointment for my hearing check on Friday, hopefully will be able to get an adjustment for the  h/a DR. on Friday as well, if not it'll be the following Friday.  I did get my h/a dropped off Tues with the DR, so hopefully they can fix it, if not they have to send it off to get repaired.  Cost: $275 at minimum.  Lovely.  The h/a's are out of warranty of course. 

Top all this off with the constant hospital bills arriving in the mail daily and collectors calling daily, so yeah life is just freaking funtastic right now. So if you think I've been ignoring you or whatever, that's not the case. I have a lot of crap going on my life right now, so give me a break, K?

On a side note, sent my resume in for a job, that I think I would enjoy, so could you say a prayer and/or send some positive thoughts my way? I don't really want to work, esp with K still being so young, but when the bills are piling up like they are, I must do something, short of selling everything we own.


The Workman Family said...

Many prayers for you!

Alex said...

Aw hun I'm sorry to hear about all your problems right now. I'm praying for you and your family.

I TOTALLY get the bills and the collectors part. We went through the same thing and it was hell. It took us a year and a half to get everything back to where it should be. You can do it. I have faith in you!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's been a rough few months for you. Lots of virtual hugs and real prayers.

Alex said...

Hey lady. I left you something over on my blog. Maybe it will help put a smile, no matter how small, on your lovely face.


go on over and check it out here.