Monday, April 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Whew, what a busy but fun weekend in Nashville with some great friends! I am so glad I was able to make it and enjoy one last girls weekend away before Bebe G arrives. We were in for some severe weather, but thankfully it pretty much missed us in Nashville and here at home in Huntsville. Sure there was thunderstorms and a lot of HEAVY rain, but overall nothing serious. Some other towns did not fair as well though.

We arrived in Nashville around 11 or so and did the lunch thing and then started some shopping. I scored about 15 outfits for Bebe G for less than $80 from Carters & Osh Kosh B'Gosh. Sooo cute, their clearance was an additional 30% off the lowest ticket, so I couldn't pass up the deals...though I have tons of baby stuff here lol. Later that evening we got together with some of the girls and had dinner and some yummy desserts along with more shopping (see a theme here?) before heading back for the night. A few of us stayed up quite late (around 2 am ) chatting and laughing. Though  I was tired on Sunday, it was so worth it. Before heading home on Sunday, we all decided to try to get a haircut, but no one could get all 5 of us in, in a reasonable time frame without us staying until 5 or so.  We were not thrilled with that idea lol so we just went to lunch  at Logan's and finally headed home.

Overall I did pretty well, there were a few times I had to stop and rest, due to some contractions and/or getting over heated.  It seemed REALLY hot at times inside Opry Mills.  Saw quite a few interesting characters while people watching and resting.  On Sunday I noticed my ankles were quite swollen, my guess from all the walking on Sat and some Sunday too, so once home I propped them up for the night.  They have gone down some today but not all the way. 

Today is my day of rest and my 37 week doctor appointment.  Here's hoping for some change!

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's the Weekend Baby!

It's been a rough week and I sorely need this upcoming weekend.  I am going to Nashville with 7 other ladies, all from HMMT, for the weekend. We leave tomorrow morning and hopefully will avoid the weather that is being predicted.  The plan is, shopping, relaxing, eating, maybe some other shopping, relaxing, eating, and sleeping lol and finally coming back on Sunday. Poor hubby will have to stay home with the kiddos with just one of the kiddos because the other is going to a birthday party/sleepover.  How does he get so lucky?? Oh wait, he'll still be stuck with the stubborn, strong headed , not listening 5 yr old though. :)

On other weekend news, it's supposed to be raining and possible severe weather on Saturday afternoon both here at home and in Nashville. They are talking possible tornadoes, which really doesn't help my blood pressure any.  I already get antsy with that weather, but to be away from the family, one kid at a sleepover and being 2 hours away, just doesn't help. I pray it dies down before it hits here and we just all get some thunderstorms.

Next weekend at this time, we'll be getting ready for Relay For Life.  The last 2 years we've got rain, storms and probably tornado like weather and not made it all night and or the event has been cancelled and scheduled for later.  Right now, the weather looks to be NICE for that weekend and oh how it would be lovely to have an actual all night Relay, please keep your fingers crossed! By the way since I am talking about it, please go make a donation to our team! Just click the Relay button over to the right and make a donation, any amount to help find the cure for cancer! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

36 Weeks Down, 4 Or less To Go

It's official, I am on the final countdown until Bebe G arrives! Next week at this time I'll be considered full term and it's A-OK with me for her to arrive anytime after that.  I had my 36 week check up yesterday, you know the fun stuff. Sitting in the paper "cover" for 20 minutes are so waiting for the doctor, having the baby push its feet so far up in my ribs I can't breathe, having the GBS test done, and the ever so fun dilation check.

I'll stop there and just give you the basics lol.  My blood pressure was good, 122/88, bebe g's heartbeat was 150 range, they did a quick ultrasound to determine if she was head down and she was, WOOT! Then I was hoping for a slight dilation...but nope.  I guess those contractions I had last Monday were just the body prepping for the real thing.  I am a little dehydrated, so I've been instructed to drink water, lots and lots of water.  So I am trying to do better, I keep a cup of  water with me at all times, but I still don't think I am drinking enough, which is obvious.

We are making progress on the to do list, we bought a new mattress set this past weekend. Our old one will move to J's room, J's to H's room and the mattress for the toddler bed back to the crib for Bebe G. Works well for everyone, and we REALLY needed a new bed.  The one we have is a firm and it's just not right for us, we need plush, so that's what we are getting, can't wait!

So now taking bets on when Bebe G will be born :) Check it out: 

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bebe G Update

I went to my 34 week checkup on Monday (yes today is Wednesday- I realize that) and overall everything is fine with Bebe G and I. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, 144/88, but I think it was due to the egg disaster we (the playgroup) was facing, thankfully that's resolved now! I saw the NP, but she again didn't seem overly concerned, I guess mostly because my bp has been under control through out this pregnancy. The NP had a little trouble getting Bebe G's heartbeat because she moved every time she found it lol. That's my stubborn girl.

This appointment was also the "decision time" appointment and even walking in the door I still had no clue what I had planned to do.  If you haven't been keeping up, I needed to decide between having a RCS (repeat c-section) or VBAC. I have never been so indecisive in my life, well OK except in naming my kids, especially Bebe G since we still haven't finalized that yet. I told the NP I wanted to talk to the doctor before deciding and signing off on the paper.

There are so many reasons (some personal and some medical) to choose either choice, but I felt I just did not know what to do. My heart was saying one thing my brain another, hubby one thing and me idling on the fence...but thankfully he is supportive either way. I've read and read online about the "best" choice, but it really does boil down to a personal choice. Each one has it's pros and cons and I spoke with several friends who have gone through this choice and know their stories now more in depth.  I believe their stories, talking with dh again and reading other stories online helped me make a decision along with talking to my doctor.

I've pretty much decided to "try" for a VBAC providing my body goes into labor on it's own.  Meaning I do not and will not be induced unless there is a medical reason to do so (as it has been in the past for me) and my doctor is on board.  If I go into labor, and my body does not progress within a reasonable time frame, then I will have a RCS rather than an induction.  If I do not go into labor or have signs of going into labor near my due date, I will likely go ahead with the RCS as well.  I would much rather have a planned RCS than an emergency one due to my own experiences and from what I read online and from people I know.

I know for sure that I do not want to labor for 20 plus hours only to end up with an emergency c-section like last time. I was exhausted, had no clue really what was going on and it took me awhile to recover both mentally and physically.  So as of right now this is my plan, to wait and see how my body does and my doctor agrees with me.  I have time, 6 weeks before my estimated due date, so only time will tell.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter from our  family to yours :) Some of my favorite pictures from today  :) Enjoy!