CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Changes & Reflection

Changes are coming!

The weather is changing, it's getting "cooler" and actually kind of cold the next few nights, the days are getting shorter, the sun sets by 5pm, but it's getting to be that time of year. The holiday season if you will.  It seems once school starts, the year starts to fly by until January and then it slows a little bit. 

When January comes this time, there will be some changes in my life too. I am stepping down from organizing my moms group.  If I continued until Feb 14th, I would be organizing for 7 years. Do you hear me? 7 YEARS! My middle daughter is going to be 8 in March, so the majority of her life, I've run a playgroup.  Crazy.  To think she was just 10 months old when I joined and she's going to be in 3rd grade next year, makes it all so bittersweet.

While there has been lots of ups and downs during my 7 years of organizing, I really did enjoy it.  During those years there were hundreds of happy moms and of course some that didn't agree with me or left for whatever reason, but I did my job, I helped them make friendships with other moms and ultimately that is the purpose of the group.

The last several years has really made me realize how important friendship is.  I can have hundreds of acquaintance but only a small group of true friends. That's OK with me, I love my friends, even though I don't get to see them as often as I would like, they helped me when I needed it the most. They will never know how grateful I was and still am for their help, compassion, advice and love.  So those of you reading this and you know who you are, THANK YOU! <3 p="p">

I hope in 5, 10 or 15 years I can look back at this experience and say, it was still worth it!



1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Just think how many friendships you helped form! Almost ALL of my friends were made through the group :)