CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Dear Santa Letter and Wish

All I want for Christmas this year is my 2 Hearing Aids so I can hear my children, family and friends when they speak to me instead of having to ask them to speak up so I can hear them. Is that to much to ask for? I guess it could be when it'll cost $4300.00 in order to get my hearing aids.

So today was my follow up appointment with the audiologist aka the hearing aid dr. I went to find out what the next step would be, ordering, payments etc so I could see where we stood. After looking at the many different types of h/a's I decided on the over the ear type since I have long hair and almost always wear it down. These were no more expensive than the in the ear kind so I figured why bother paying more.

Granted the price wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined but that's still alot of money at Christmas time especially when you don't have the funding to pay it. I will be visiting the bank fairy as I like to call them and praying we can get a loan to cover them and actually be able to afford the payments. Our credit isn't the best though it's not terrible but ya know how banks are.

This has been a hard road to travel becoming deaf at approx 27 yrs old though I didn't know til I was 30. My first clue should have been when I was pregnant with my youngest because I started noticing that my ears seemed to be stopped up. I had and have been having terrible sinus/allergy problems so I contributed it to that. When I was working in 2004/2005 I did notice my hearing when I was on the phone was starting to be worse but I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward to after my little one was born, our tv volume has the numbers on it. I used to be able to hear it at 28 to 30 and thought anything over 30 was very loud....right now I have to listen to it at 45 plus in order to hear it. My hearing disorder is progressive meaning it'll continue over time to worsen, but thankfully the hearing aids will be able to be adjusted to that.

I am working on moving all my hearing problem posts over to my blog that I started call, Hear Today Gone Tomorrow...thought it was fitting. So I'll post when that blog is up and there's something to read on it.

Wish me luck on my hearing aid money situation. If you are in the holiday spirit and have a little girl who would love a Rose Petal Cottage I have one on ebay to raise money for my h/a's.
You can check it out here.

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Hun I wish there was something I could do. *hugs*. I wish you luck darling!