CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hookin' It

Not in a bad way! Crochet hooks ;) My moms group had a craft swap in March so I had to come up with something to make to exchange with another crafter :) I didn't want to make another scarf or blanket, besides it's HOT around here and I wanted it to be something useful not just decor, so I searched Pinterest of course, because that's my latest addiction. Luckily I had already pinned this particular item so it was easy to find! :)

Here is my creation:



That gorgeous perfectly matched lining? Hand sewn in to the purse, thank you  very much :) Also I made 2 pockets, because really what good is a purse without some kind of pocket?? Not a good one! I really love the purse and it wasn't to bad making it, worst part was making the lining and attaching it.  I want one for myself, but not sure I am ready to tackle it again.

In return I received some beautiful wall art that I had been wanting to make myself, but never got around to and I had the perfect spot for it.

Sorry the picture is blurry, it is from my phone. :) The frame below the wall art is from my moms group, it was given to me our 5 Year Anniversary. Love it too! :) Now I just need to find 2 smaller wall art items to go on either side of the flowers and I am set.


2 comments:

d e v a n said...

I'm impressed with that purse. Seriously! Love it!

Frances said...

Thanks!