CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I hope that we get enough rain this year but really am dreading the storms that come along with it! Over the weekend, I was in Nashville with some friends for a girls weekend out, it was great by the way! However on Saturday we were on our way to Green Hills mall when we heard the tornado sirens going off. We made it to the mall before the storm part hits, thankfully because soon after it started hailing and raining pretty bad. The sky looked pretty nasty and I was a bit paranoid since I had been in a bad tornado as a child. Thankfully nothing came out of the storm where we were at, but some other area's weren't so lucky. The next morning we found out a tornado had touched down about 50 miles west of where we had been. I believe there was damage done of course, but I didn't hear of any major injuries or fatalities.

We have another round of storms coming in tonight and of course the weather stations are keeping us posted about the impending severe weather. Today the weather is beautiful, clear blue skies, sunny and a slight breeze....however the storm system is approaching from the west. No doubt we'll get some thunderstorms and what not tonight and into tomorrow. I just pray they aren't as severe as they are saying it could be.

The lovely weather has made several flowers in the front yard beds bloom, I am excited there some already planted! I am hoping we have had our last freeze and the rest if any will bloom as well. Our flower beds need work though, they are over run with weeds right now, though hubby sprayed weed killer last week, I hope it works soon! We are going to re edge our flower beds with bricks to make it look nicer. Right now we have plastic edging up from the previous owners. It'll be a lot of work but the end result will be nice! Thankfully we have a friend who is giving us all the bricks left over from her remodel. :)

I'll be sure to post before and after photos!

No comments: