CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Middle of July? Already?

How is it almost the middle of July already? It's been a busy summer and will continue to be for us. I guess that's good in some ways and bad in others. School will be starting back in a month, bittersweet for me.  H will be going off to Kindergarten, J into 5th grade ( umm what??? ) and it'll just be K and I at home. That will be a change for sure. I am looking forward to the quiet(er) days!

Tomorrow we head down to UAB for K's 2 week post op visit. Hoping it all goes well and everything looks good and hope we will not be back to see Dr W for 6 months.  We do have to make another trip the following week but to see the urologist. I am nervous about tomorrows visit, not quite sure why.  K seems to be doing great here at home, eating, sleeping, and moving around as normal....but there is still so much unknown.  So if you could say a quick prayer or send some positive thoughts our way, it would be appreciated.

J and I are preparing for Girl Scout camp this upcoming weekend. I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with her (along with the rest of our troop lol) and I know she is too. The part I am not looking forward to? Camping....well really the no air conditioner part, it's kinda hot down here in Alabama! Never the less, there is camp fires planned, an Indian Pow Wow, canoeing, archery, swimming, crafts and games. What else could be more fun? I hope this trip gives J a lifetime of memories.

J's 10th birthday is coming up August 2nd, and I still find that hard to believe. How is it I am old enough to have a 10 yr old? Well, OK I am old enough to have a 15 yr old if I started having kids when I was 18. However, I digress. Sometime between all the other stuff going on, I still have to plan a party and get ready for school to start too. I wonder if I can buy some time in a bottle somewhere?

Wish us luck for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

thinking of you today!! I can't believe J is almost 10!! That is insane!

Of course, I'm having a hard time beleiving that *I* am old enough to have a kindergartener. :)

Mommy Attorney said...

I will definitely keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers for the upcoming appointment. Have fun camping! Although I can't say that I envy you in this heat...