CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Guess What?

Its 2 am and I am wide awake! Great eh? um not so great really especially when I need to be up at 7:30 am to get myself and the girls ready to be somewhere by 10. Sigh, its a never ending battle with my insomnia. I had been doing so well before we went on vacation and while on vacation but its been crappy since. It'll eventually stop right? Please tell me I'll be able to sleep again for more than a few hours.

So basically I am awake tonight due to stress with the house, no surprise there though. So here's the deal, we had a contract on a house I really really loved. It was about 1630 sq ft on half an acre, nice upgrades included and decent price. Unfortunately it was about 30 to 45 mins from hubby's work and with gas prices AND food cost going up there was just no way. I would have had to go back to work in order to make it work. Thankfully we were able to get out of the contract and get our earnest money back. Whew!

So we decided to just work on the house a bit and go from there and see if anything else popped up etc. I drove around one Sun and saw a new subdivision going up and they were having a grand opening event. So I went and checked out their 1641 sq ft house and it was nice and priced great. Just about 5 mins down the road only big downfall was a different school district. Jess is really sad at the thought of leaving her friends but what can I do. The houses in her district are either what we have now or really REALLY expensive houses.

So I like the house and they had a special where you get an extra $2000K to use toward the purchase. We had to sign that weekend though, so I drag hubby up there to check out the house and he liked it and so we called our realtor and she came up and we did the contract etc. Great, picked out all the things for the house, upgrades etc and was happy with the price.

Fast forward we had 30 days to get our house on the market or they would let the contract go or we could try to extend. Our house was supposed to be ready before we went on vacation May 21 but it didn't happen. So during the 2 weeks we were gone our realtor tried to get in touch with home builders to see if they would extend. No response, we'll call you back, we have to talk to the mgr etc. Runaround big time. So when we get back the next day hubby calls and the guys yah sure no problem. Then he tells him we'll lose the extra $2K concession...um I don't think so! So we call our realtor again and shes said no that's not right let me call them again. So she calls and talks to them, shes told yes we can still have it they will write up the contract and we just need to come in asap and sign it.

No problem, hubby goes in today to sign and the guy who we and our realtor talked to is like what contract? UM WHAT THE HELL? So needless to say hubby was mad and when I got home from a playdate and found out I was mad too. I made him call our realtor and tell her we are not going to sign an extension. They are giving us to much runaround bs and don't need that right now. We just need to focus on getting our house done and on the market.

So now we are back to square one, working on our house and no house to move into LOL I guess that's fine in some instances and I truly feel if it was meant to be it would have worked out. So now I get to look at existing houses and find something in our price range that we like. Right now I am just browsing online MLS and seeing what is available. We can't make a move until we know the house is on the market and getting some interest.

No comments: