CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

32 Weeks Down...8 To Go

Time is trucking along, or so it seems when I think I only have 8 weeks or less to go.  Then when I think of all the millions of things I need to do before Bebe G's arrival, well then it seems like we are speed walking to the end. 

I went in for my 32 week check up, all is well.  Blood pressure was in the "normal" range and her heartbeat was good.  Though she was moving quite a bit, every time the dr found it, she'd move again lol. I asked her about my swelling left ankle and feeling of it 'falling asleep' but not really. It just has been getting numb off and on and only that leg. She said it could be the baby just sitting on a nerve just right and to keep an eye on it and my salt intake and let her know if it continues.  Glad to know it didn't sound like I should be overly concerned as of yet. 

She asked if I still wanted to try for a VBAC...which at the moment my mind is on yes. However there are doubts in my head about it.  I labored with J for about 16 hours but had her vaginally, but I never got past 4 cm on my own, they had to induce. H was an emergency induction, labored hard for close to 20 hours and ended up with an emergency c-section since I didn't progress past about 4 cm.  So now I have to choose which route to go.  I've been reading up on VBAC's vs a repeat c-section...and am so torn.  I know some ladies who have had VBAC's and it's gone great and I know others who have tried (and had previous c/s) and ended up with a c-section anyways. I just don't want to go thru another long and tiresome labor to only end up with a c-section, which could very well happen.

There are pros and cons to both...but I feel so lost and torn.  

More decisions to be made....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

well, you know what i'll say about vbacs. :) *I* wouldn't do it any other way. But, i really, really, really didn't like my c/s experience.

d e v a n said...

Good luck with your decision!

Frances said...

hehe Tracy, I know. There are so many reason to do either in my case but I am still thinking on it. I just have to let her know at my next appt.

Thanks Devan :)